Saturday, September 24, 2005

my sis, george and Retezat

My sister lives in Cluj Napoca, in Romania, the city where I studied for 4 years, in University. She's a law graduate, 3 years younger than me, her name Anca. Now she's working in Cluj. I haven't seen her for almost a year now. Here are some pics of her:

From left to right: My Sis, Mishu, Peter (my sister's boyfriend)



From left to right: George, Mishu's gf, Mishu, My Sis


Close-up: Peter and my sister


From left to right: Mishu, my sister, Mishu's gf, Peter

My sister and Peter, I know this trail, oh, I miss Retezat!


George is one of my university colleague and very good friend. He's been my friend since 1st year in university, actually one of my first new friends in university. He's a cool dude, he works as a software engineer in Cluj. He's also the webmaster of www.ski-in-romania.com. If you can read romanian, you can even have a look at his blog by following the link in the Links section on the right hand side.

Here's him, with orange cap, looking at the camera, mountains at his back



The reason I had to talk about them is that they recently took a trip to Retezat, a peak in Carphatian mountains, at the border between Transylvannia and No man's land (oops, I mean southern Romania). All the pictures here are taken from their photo documentary of the journey. You can find the full photo documentary on George's website: http://george.trace.ro/impressum/album.php?id=25. The descriptions are in romanian, but the title of the photo-documentary is "Dancing with the clouds".

Retezat is a very nice place, I should organise a trip there sometimes and take some of my friends there. You'll be stunned.

Retezat is also a natural reservation, you can't get in that part without a special authorisation, but, the part they've been to, it's not in the reservation. And it's beautiful. Romania is beautiful. We have a saying in Romania: "Beautiful country, too bad it's inhabited".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home