Sunday, September 25, 2005

I managed to have an alcohol free weekend and it's all due to my being under the influence of influenza or flu, how it's called. Instead I had to drink orange lemonade on saturday and today, so that I've probably had 1000% my RDA (recommended daily allowance) of vitamin C. And still I'm sick. And ill, Ivika would add. My sickness is on-going, unlike my flu illness. She's very funny, isn't she?

Anyway, today I went with some friends to see Shakespeare's Winter's Tales at the Globe on the South Bank. The theatre was nice, very cosy, the experience was ... hmm ... ticked down in my experience handbook (nah, i don't tick things). However I must say I was a bit disappointed and realised that I prefer modern theatre better. Normal theatre! Not very abstract, my neurons don't like to be churned or made to ponder on existential topics. Or any sort of topics. They like to be entertained or kept in their sweet snooze. One or the other, the effect is the same.

All in all ... only reasons to be depressed - and tomorrow's monday too :-(

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 26, 2005 3:31:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Sounds like you need antibiotics. And look at the bright side, if you'd be home, in Romania, you'd be drinking onion skin tea or something :)

 
At Monday, September 26, 2005 3:39:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

Carmen,

that's not true ... antibiotics can't do anything against viral infections like flu or common cold. There's no cure against common cold, it's just up to the body natural defence mechanisms to fight it off. All the medicines like paracetamol, aspirin, strepsils, tea and stuff like that address only the symptoms, they can't fight the cause.

Antibiotics can help if there are collateral complications, killing some bacteria that might cease the day and thrive on a lower body immunity.

Onion skin tea ... yuck, I've never had that, the thing is ... it's as effective as placebo :-)

Cipri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home