Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I've seen Little Miss Sunshine, the film. It's a good film, a sad story wrapped up into what it looks like a comedy, so in the end you keep laughing, but underneath, there's a drama happening in front of your eyes. Recommended!

Not much happening otherwise. I'm gambling at the moment on the stock market, buying gambling shares and hoping that the US won't introduce legislation this week to prohibit online gambling payments by credit cards. To win you have to take chances. To lose ... the same.

I'm waiting for my new PC to be delivered. It took 3 weeks already. Funny ... I sent them an angry email, telling them I don't think they can deliver in the timeframe they mentioned ... 12-15 working days. And asking them to tell me when they would deliver, otherwise I cancel my order and shop somewhere else. I get an email saying that the timeframe is given just for guidance. And cancelling would incur a 30 pounds admin fee. But what do you know ... 2 hours later, my PC is market as "Built" in their system. Surprise surprise! Needless to say it's in that state for 3 days now. I was hoping for somewhat quicker resolution. I start thinking that they just marked it in the system without actually building it.
Customer service is disastrous in this country.

I have to look for a warm destination for christmas ... so far Morroco and Tenerife on my list. Canary Islands might also be interesting. I'm not so keen about Egypt. It's not necessarily the history of bombs, but also I know they have tighter security there. If you want to travel around the country you usually travel with police tailing you. Not fun. And I'm no 007 - I sadly admit it.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:07:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Egypt is tricky indeed for tourists, but I'm working with a woman now who lived there for 4 years and did all sorts of cool trips....camel riding from oasis to oasis and stuff. For me that's abit extreme..heat wise!
Morrocco sounds great! Go for it!

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 9:05:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) update this from time to time. I miss you!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:21:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marco and I were considering a trip to Egypt as well for a bit - but then he read some reviews...something to do with dirty conditions, noisy Iraelite tourists with rampant children running amuck, rip-off hotels that claim to be 4-star but seem more like 2-star. We decided to visit Gibraltar instead come February. :-)

Hope to see you guys for drinks & catching up soon,
Maryam

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006 11:02:00 am, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

man! Sharm El Sheil rocks! never been there, hahahahha

tell me about shit customer service in this country. Good luck with the bastards.

Hope to see u next week and congratulations for this weekend! Time flies, ey? xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home