Thursday, July 27, 2006

Last weekend I moved ... I contacted a guy with a van who was advertising on a website. As discussed we came on sunday, mid-day. A shabby van, eons old, but the guy was cool. He offered to help, he was a big man. Nigerian, studying business management and making an extra buck on weekends by working as a removals van driver.

Who else helped me pack and carry on the day? Well here's the list: Marco, Roberto, Chris. I thank you very much, it all went smoothly because of you.
During the process a local kid helped too carry stuff. But also in the process, someone stole my chair somehow. I couldn't find it, although I was searching on all floors (there are 13). Well, in the end I gave up searching, consoling myself with the idea that I will need a new one anyway, the old one had the leather ripped in one place. The disappointment was when I came back after moving and I found the chair at the rubbish bin. Such sick people, stealing some other people's things just to bin them. I didn't take the chair from the rubbish bin if that's what you're thinking.

The rest was cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. Chris did an awesome job by herself, helping a lot. We even hired a cleaner for 3 hours for the new place. Her name was Valentina, from Macedonia and had a degree in economics. 3 hours for 30 pounds.

I also started investing on the stock market. As soon as I put my money in, the stock that I bought plummeted. Well, these are the joys of the stock market. Anyways, it's a long term investment and in the end I'm sure it will pay off more than the interest I get from the bank.

And tomorrow flying to Greece, Athens and the island of Sifnos for a week, to unwind and forget about everything while roasting on the beach, swimming, snorkelling and generally not giving a damn.

3 Comments:

At Friday, July 28, 2006 10:23:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you bro! We, the rest, shall roast in a damn office...By the way, when's the party to celebrate the new apartment?

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:30:00 pm, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

I am sorrry??? 3 hs for 30??? I pay mine 18!!! I can give you her number next time!!! By the way, u can also count on me for stuff like that... I got great experience in moving.

I hope ur now having a relaxing time abroad and see u next week xx

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:19:00 am, Blogger Carmen said...

30 pounds!!..very generous of you...Your grandma would probably go nuts to hear that...
I hope you've got some SUN TANNING lotion in your bag...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home