Friday, August 18, 2006

One other thing that I've started recently was to invest my money in the stock market. London Stock Exchange. So, I invested in 3 companies and right after confidently putting my money into them, their stock plummeted. It's not a comfortable position, because you're expecting to make money, not to lose them. But that's the stock market, it's a long term investment thingy. And overall, on the long run, it outperforms other means of investment, like dull saving accounts.

And of course, I have a special fund for speculative investments. And let me tell you that right after the terror allert, that foiled bomb plot, what did I do? I invested into British Airways, as everyone was chickening out and their shares were free falling.
6 days after buying, I sold and made a profit of 105 pounds.
If I had waited 2 more days, I would have made 600 pounds. I'm pulling my hair out at the moment. But still, it goes to the archive of successful stories, just that it could have been roughly 6 times more successful had i had some more patience.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:28:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Good on you! Don't feeel bad about the 600...It was succeful experiment, so keep it there.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:42:00 am, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

yeah man, keep it there. My dad made a fortune on the stock market, but also lost it all. So don t b too greedy...

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:44:00 am, Blogger Chris said...

What about updating this thing here, huh? Nothing much happening that you don't have to to write or too many things happening that you don't have time to write? :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home