Tuesday, June 13, 2006

goodbye tarom

For those of you not familiar with Tarom, it is the Romanian national airline. It is also one of the worse airline I have ever travelled with. It's full of communist monopolistic attitudes towards passangers. They feel they're doing you a service letting you travel with them. They have no respect for travellers and they change their travel conditions as they see fit. "If you don't like it, you can cancel your travel with us" they tell you.

The stewards are so rude. I remember last time I travelled with them, one steward was explaining the meal menu to a passanger in front of me. I didn't catch exactly all of it and I asked her ... so what's on the menu... She answered, irritated ... What?! You didn't hear? I just told the other passenger...
I have stopped travelling by Tarom and hope never to travel with Tarom again.

1st of January 2007 is the date when we will all say good bye to Tarom. That's because Romania joins the EU and will have to sign the EU open sky agreement, allowing any airline to operate wherever they want in Romania. Tarom can't survive competition. They lose money now! In the face of low cost airlines they face total collapse.
It's an excellent news for customers!

Don't get me wrong, I love my country, I'd like to have the most competitive national airline in the world and the best economy in the world. But, at the same time, I hate being treated like shit. Prehistoric companies ought to die. And in a globalised world, people have to choose for the best options, no matter what nationality.

So goodbye Tarom, have a painful death. I spit on your grave! :-)

3 Comments:

At Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:29:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I spit on your grave". Careful you don't spit against the wind, it may just come back and land on your head.

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 4:40:00 am, Blogger Carmen said...

That's indeed good news...Low cost airlines in Romania too...YUHUUU!!!

 
At Friday, July 25, 2008 5:52:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be late but still, mid 2006 and TAROM was OFFERING you a free hot meal. For your information it still does the same in 2008. Can you name another 3 European, non-communist airlines, that will offer this for free for the joy of the flight (you can include the low cost airlines)? I would suggest also to check the Association of European Airlines (AEA) for the statistics regarding punctuality and lost baggage. Yes, I love my country also, I think I should criticize when things are not as I would expect BUT I would never spit on a grave. Romanians like you made Romania what it is now, before, during and after the communist times. Catalin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home