Friday, May 26, 2006

da vinci babble

I managed to see the Da Vinci Code on wednesday. Having read the book before, the film didn't come as a surprise at all ... it's more or less exactly like the book. So it wasn't a film to be surprised by. Instead I could focus on the act. I must say the disappointment came from Audrey Tautou, a very good actress otherwise, her roles in Amelie, Les Poupees russes and The Dirty Little Things were good or very good. One of the explanation I could find ... she wasn't very comfortable with her English role and that affected the whole performance. Or maybe she was nervous acting next to Tom Hanks? Anyway, Tom Hanks performance was mediocre at best. So nothing much to say there. The best actors were Ian McKellen as Teabing and Paul Bettany as Silas, the albino.
I also don't like that much films shot in the dark (no pun intended) ... where everything is so dark. Harry Potter was like that too. Yucky!

What else? Ah well, tomorrow I'm flying to Dublin for the long bank holiday weekend. Let's hope the weather is not as shit as in the last week (with the exception of yesterday afternoon).

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006 5:48:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip!
Bring back photos to share pls.
That's homework for you...

Xx maryam

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:45:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya!! I couldn't avoid watching it yesterday, and for sure Silas is the best! I'm in love with him! ahahahahhaha
XXX

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:29:00 am, Blogger Marco said...

Aloha! Did you finally revert to watching movies like a "normal" person? 3 a week and not 5 on one Sunday afternoon?
:-)
I haven't read a book and the beginning of the movie was quite interesting, but then it didn't want to end. Even at the end it didn't want to end! I ran out as fast as I could just in case after the credits they would show Tom Hanks trying to dig up the sarcophagus in the pyramide :-) Bad casting plus bad acting makes a long, shite movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home