Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What's up doc? *chewing a carrot*

Some reasons to be happy. I started to go to the gym again, on Monday was the first time. It was brilliant, I felt so energetic afterwards and alive. I was mostly on the cross-trainer, just a little bit of running, not much. I have to take it easy at first. It's so weird how human mind works. I read in the same day, for the first time, about the Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (also called Cardiac arrhythmia). It's a heart problem that can hit you any time and it kills in minutes. It's a sudden killer. It mostly occurs in healthy fit people as exercise can put pressure on heart. However, it is believed to be a genetic problem in the heart, but hey, we don't know if we're genetically flawed or not, do we?
And reading about something like that just before going to the gym, it's not helping. It's curious to see how the mind thinks and how it worries and explores the darkest corners of possibility.

Finally, after 6 months of suffering, I got some sense out of travelselect.com. I told you about not getting a refund for a ticket for Thailand that I bought in September. They kept saying they haven't got my tickets back and can't proceed with the refund. I believe this is shit as I'm entitled to a refund by the Sale of Goods Act anyway. Some possibilities I was ready to explore were ... cancelling the transaction with the credit card, complain to Trading Standards, take them to the small claims courts, complain to ABTA.
The techniques they were using:
1. Saying they haven't got the tickets and always trying to transfer me to a different department
2. A manager was never available
3. Not replying to any emails at all
Finally today I got hold of a customer service guy willing to help and, in the end, he said I would be refunded in 4 weeks. Isn't that outrageous? After 6 months of waiting. I suspect they lost somehow the tickets as I have proof from Royal Mail that they were delivered (recorded delivery, remember?).
Anyway, try to avoid lastminute.com and travelselect.com - they're absolutely shit! If you have a problem, you're on your own!

The bad thing is I slept miserably tonight and I have a terrible ache in the back of my neck, I can barely turn the head. Not to mention if I drop something, I might have to fingertip-search it on the floor. Or maybe I could use a mirror! A-HA! Problem solved!

Tonight the plan is to see Syriana and explore the implications of running out of oil. Oil and conflict go hand in hand and the world seems oblivious to the fact that it's a limited resource indeed. We'll see if Syriana tells us something new.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:57:00 am, Blogger Carmen said...

you're crackers! you go to the gym and while running to get fit you're thinking of the possible heart attack. he he he...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home