Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I wrote a while ago that I ordered an A2 print on jessopsphotoexpress.com. Well, after 2 weeks of no-action and staring at the same "Your order is being processed", I decided to write them an email to their hopefully-attended customer support email box. Well, they responded promptly saying that they cannot find my order in their system and they're talking with the software company. Geez, not another screw-up!
This is because I still haven't got my money back for the ticket I cancelled in october. Can you imagine? I sent an threatening email to lastminute.com telling them my last minute of patience is running out and I will claim back my money via the credit card company, complain to ABTA, complain to Trading Standards and sue them in the small claims tribunal. No response so far! Can you believe it?
There's something very wrong with the economy and companies. Of course, everyone knows they only care about providing value to investors and gaining more and more profits. It's always been that, but in recent times it's all got worse. Banks report record profits of all times while they give their customers the middle finger. Gas and electricity goes up like it never did before. Council tax is the spiralling stairway to heaven or to heart attack!
It seems to me that the UK economy is desperate to attract investors from abroad, from all over the world, to support the economy, all in the detriment of the UK consumer that has to foot a larger bill than anyone else.

Anyway, there's a film going this week to see Clooney's "Good night and good luck" on wednesday, a repeat of the successful get together that I organised last wednesday to see "Walk the Line".
On thursday it's bowling, so far only moi, Alireza and Edyta, but hey, it's not quantity we're after here.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:09:00 pm, Blogger Chris said...

Did you pay for the print? If not, why don't you cancel it and print at a real photo store?

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:58:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Listen, we've just found you THAILAND T-shirt among our stuff. How about I mail it over with a copy of your photo? It's would cost 1 pound (nothing really) to print it here, not that outrageous 14 pounds....hope you get u r money back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home