Monday, February 13, 2006

Nothing much on the horizon in the last days, maybe because in the winter the male ciprian doesn't leave its natural habitat to go travel. So the horizon is unchanged, overcast.

But the good news is that I've won the lottery again. Can you believe it? After just 2 weeks? This time it was 10 pounds. I tried to work out the rule ... first 8.90, after two weeks 10, if it's an arithmetical progression, it will take me 34965.0349 years to become a millionaire. But that would be just one million, probably seriously devalued by then. So let's redo the calculations with 15 millions...

I've managed to see some films too. I've seen Woody Allen's Match Point. I don't know if it's just me but whenever I think of Woody Allen, the first thing that pops into my mind is The Chatty Hunter. As in that Orange advertisement that's showed before every film, with Patrick Scwayze (God have mercy on my spelling) trying to make a film called the Silent Hunter. Anyway...
It's an ok film, but maybe just because Woody Allen is in the credits. Or maybe if you want to smile happily whenever you recognise some places in London where it was filmed ... like the Big Ben and so on. I personally think the main character is not very well defined and it's really difficult to understand why is he doing some of the things. The truth is ... psychological dilemmas are really really difficult to transpose in a film. In a book it's easy ... you just talk about it for 400 hundreds of pages until the readers feel like, themselves, they're ready to kill, just to get it over with.

I've also seen Proof with Anthony Hopkins and Gwyned Paltrow (?! how's my spelling - it's too late to check!). It's a deja vu that brings back flashes from "A beautiful mind", it seems like mathematics is a sure way to start flying over a cuckoo's nest (and to think that I've studied that in university and i have a degree in computer science and mathematics - scary!!). So the mad mathematician is there, but unlike the guy with the beautiful mind, this guy managed to have sex at some point in his life as he had a daughter - which you all know what it implies (well, maybe not some of you young mamas! sic!). The subject starts very promisingly, the trailer looked nice, but then it all dies out like a mathematician's ... compass.

I've also seen Ray, an older film and it was good, a good film ... not fantastic, but quite good, i liked it. But you know about that one, right?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:45:00 am, Blogger Carmen said...

Hybernating I see..:)))...enjoy while it lasts....You'll be up and running in couple of weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home