Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today my colleagues had shafted me, volunteering me for a 3 hours conference call with the bosses from the States on a new business they just bought over there. They voted that I should be on the call. And I wasn't even present.
I hope I scared them by telling them I don't know these people, I could say on the phone:
"Who's this Bob geezer, he keeps talking bollocks for half an hour".
Bob being the big boss.
I hope they got the message, I don't want to be stuck in a 3 hours conference call.
But at least we had a laugh.

Maybe I should write about the job. That would be funny. Usually we have fun here. The frenchie and the brit are going on an English language course. Not me! :-)
The brit is of indian descent but was born here, he's on the course to improve his English vocabulary and writing skills. He's from East London and speaks with the well known eastern London "innit". E.g.: Shitty weather, innit?!
Yeap, weather is the perennial topic in England. Or football.

Tonight it's film night, Walk the Line. So far it's moi, Chris, Alireza, Ivika, Roberto, Kaisa, Leo, Edyta that said they would be there. We'll see. It's a good start.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:38:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

What are colleagues for, ei? he he he...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home