Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I've ordered a big print (A2) of a picture that I took in Thailand ... actually I posted it here a while ago; it's a picture of a shy girl standing by a door. I've ordered the print at Jessops, 14.95 pounds for A2. They also do A1 and A0, but A2 is huge and enough for now, I'm so curious to see how it looks like printed in such a big format. I'm even thinking of applying for this year's Schweppes Photographic Awards. Nothing to lose, eh?

Tonight we're going to see Hidden, a french film, a thriller that apparently went very well with the critics. The title in french is Cache. I hope after seeing it, I won't speak like zis! Also in the pipeline ... Aeon Flux and Casanova in the weekend!

At the moment I'm still recovering from yet another shitty cold, I had fever yesterday and a splitting head ache. At some point I was thinking ... shit, what if it's malaria which I might have caught in Thailand. But checking now, I just realised that the incubation period for malaria is between 7 and 30 days normally. So in theory I'm off the hook. Now let's worry about something else, bird flu?

Someone told me the other day about a Brokeback Mountain sequel, out of curiousity I did a search on google to see what's this all about. Well, I couldn't find much, except a lot of jokes ... you won't believe how silly some people are. From the search titles..
-George Bush To Star in Sequel to ‘Brokeback Mountain’
-Bush and Cheney to Star in Brokeback Mountain Sequel
-Gore to Star in Brokeback Mountain Sequel…Alone
Now ... not that it’s not funny, but why does it have to be always about US politics?! How about:
-Tony Blair To Star in Sequel to "Brokeback Mountain"
-Tony Blair and Bush ...
-Tony Blair and Chirac
-Chirac and ... hmm, anyone else really

How about this joke as a startup point for a sequel to Brokeback mountain...

A hippy dude gets on the bus and takes a seat next to a young nun. At some point the hippy guy asks her to have sex with him.
-I can't, I'm married to God, the nun replies.
When the nun gets off the bus, the bus driver who happened to overhear the conversation, tells the hippy guy:
-Hey, I know how you can have sex with her. Every tuesday night she goes to the local cemetery and prays alone. You go there one night with a white sheet on your head and tell her you're God and she should have sex with you.
All set.
The hippy dude does just that. The nun is scared but she says that her virginity is her most precious valuable; she can only have anal sex. The hippy agrees and off they go to have some fun. After everything's finished, the hippy dude takes off the white sheet and cries out jubilantly:
-Haha, I'm the hippy dude!!
The nun takes off her veil:
-Haha, I'm the bus driver!

So watch out kids, cemeteries are no playgrounds!

PS: Lucky me I said God and not the Prophet or Muhammad, otherwise there would be protests and flag burning team building exercises all over the Middle East.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:35:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

why am I not surprised it's a dirty joke??...he he he...A2??? That's big and the photos totally worth it. Fingers crossed for a good print!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home