Monday, March 06, 2006

This weekend, on the 4th of march, it was my birthday. 29 year old I am now. Shit, depressing! I think next year I will definitely have a mid-life crisis. People say to me ... what mid-life crisis at 28-29? Well, it all depends how much you live in the end. If you live 56-58, then it's definitely a mid life crisis.

I didn't want to organise anything, but then Ali, M&M dragged me out for a coffee, where I was also very embarrassed by the candles they put on the cake Marco cooked. There were a lot of people around, none of them looking bluntly, but surely everyone noticed. Anyway, it was a nice day out, we ended up in a pub having a drink and that was it.
It wasn't anything I organised or planned. It's worth mentioning because other people might say that they weren't invited. Usually when I organise something, I invite everyone. But this time, it was nothing to be invited at. I might organise something though when I get my citizenship.

And since we're talking about that, a Home Office guy called me on saturday, for my birthday to tell me that I was successful in my citizenship application. Now I don't know if it was just coincidence or they did on purpose. The guy said ... oh, it's your birthday today, what a coincidence, happy birthday! Hehe ... so I reckon they did it on purpose. Well, it was nice of them.
The next step is to get the official letter, then swear allegiance to the Queen and that's it.

The weather was very nice on saturday and sunday, sun was out, you could have felt the spring coming hadn't it been for the merciless wind. On Sunday we went to Greenwich, visited the area, the Royal Maritime Museum, the Royal Observatory and then 2 films at West India Quay Cineworld cinema.

The weather man, with Nicholas Cage was the first. It's very good, I enjoyed it very much. After seeing the trailer, I thought, hmm... it's going to be boring. But it's such a nice insight into the human psyche bogged down in the trivial little big problems of life. All narrated with a humourous spin that manages to cook a comedy from what it would be otherwise tragedy ingredients. Recommended!

Good night and good night is Clooney's film about the communist witch-hunt of the 50s, conducted by an american senator. The film is a bit weird, you have to pay attention because the key of the film is in the details. The whole point of the film is in the dilemma: should I speak against the inquisition or not. After that the film goes straight and very abruptly for a clearly spelled moral about the role of the TV in a modern society. It lacks twists and it's more of a documentary as the characters are not very well contoured. Anyway ... I'm not a critic, I must be missing something, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006 3:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, dude!!!
I want to see Good Night Good Luck very soon. Have you watched the Oscar yesterday? Of course not, if it was 1:30 here when it finished, it was 4:30 in the UK, and you guys, well, you work on Mondays...eheheh Well, it was ok, but I have to confess that I didn't believe Crash got the best film! well well well...those Americans... ;) XXX

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:53:00 am, Blogger Chris said...

Nossa, eu entrei aqui e deu mó vontade de escrever em português. Desculpa, sei que você não vai entender nada e eu não vou escrever nada de muito útil, mas é melhor não resistir aos impulsos, certo, biscoito? Passeio a Greenwich foi bem legal, né? Beijitos

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:51:00 pm, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

oh my god! I didn t know that! Happy B-day, man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home