Monday, February 06, 2006

what's up doc?!

On thursday I went to see Katie Melua. No, it wasn't a private audience or a promiscuous encounter as I’m sure most of you think, but a gig at Royal Albert Hall where I was just a pair of two eyes lined up in the crowd and sitting in between Adam and Navid - nothing sexual though I can assure you! The show was brilliant and her voice was very good. Not to mention her physical appearance, but let's not descend into vulgarity here. We're talking about art! It's a show recommended if you like blues or jazz. I have both her albums, you can borrow them if you ask nicely. Of course, the other condition is that I know you.

Sunday was reserved to a movie marathon, my brain a bit roast at the end. Two films in a row are ok, but three is pushing it a bit. We've started with "The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe and when will this title end?". It's not as bad as I thought when watching the trailer, as it's all building up slowly and although you do start laughing hysterically when a beaver starts talking or a horse just turns its head to the rider and says "I'm tired mate!" ... it's still a good film. It's for children, unlike the Harry Potter and the never-ending episodes which is so dark and scary that I'm surprised it was approved for children to see it.

We continued with Chicken Little and what a laugh that is ... it's about a little chicken (duh!) who wants to conquer the world (so it's really easy to identify with the character :-), but the film is guaranteed to crack you up, unless you're absolutely hopeless. Who're we talking about?!

The ending was with a heavyweight ... Steven Spielberg's Munich, a very disturbing film that is not recommended to be batched up with comedies or children films. It's a controversial film, but only because when saying anything about Jews, Judaism or Israel you're threading on thin ice. If it was about IRA, ETA or some "Blow me up Scottie" group, I don't think it would raise so many eyebrows (a maximum of two, anyway!).

Have a blasting Monday!! Huh?!

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 06, 2006 2:51:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

I see u r back in the game...we missed your blog entries! We're crackin here cause you have this British humor with bits of Romanian sarcasm in it...that was Ake's comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home