Friday, March 17, 2006

The revenge of the dried apricot

Tragedy struck today! One of my tooth fillings fell off. Arghhhh! I hate when these things happen because
1. Going to the dentist is not fun
2. Going to the dentist is not cheap
3. Finding a good dentist is not easy
4. Claiming back on my dental insurance is not straight-forward
5. It would be the first time I go to a dentist in this country, before I used to fix my teeth whenever I was in Romania, but this time I can't wait until June
6. I have to!

It happened while eating dried apricots in the morning. Now, apricots of all things! I would understand if it was meat ... there would be a suble moral lesson in that: Don't eat your fellow Earth inhabitants. But what's the lesson in eating apricots? What? Not eating apricots? Nah, it would be too blunt and unpoetic. It has to be ... don't eat in the morning. Because I usually don't. I skip breakfast and I eat lunch at 12. But today I innocently thought I should have some bananas and apricots in the morning. Innocently?! INNOCENTLY?! This is divine punishment for my weakness.Well, shit happens. And if you eat a lot of apricots, shit happens a lot. No pun intended?

Enough with the crap.

I also booked everything for the late may bank holiday, a trip to Dublin, road testing my shiny new passport, which I don't have yet. I wonder if it's true that Ireland is populated my dwarves dressed all in green and drinking Guiness all day. Don't be silly! No one can drink Guiness all day. So it can't be true!Well, it's St Patick Day today, so what a better gift than a trip to Dublin ... well, for the end of May.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 20, 2006 3:08:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

ttzzzzzzz......:)))...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home