Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My first experience with a dentist in this country. He was very nice, very polite and friendly, he talked to me about my dental situation, explaining what my options are and even telling me that I should change my diet and eat less sugar. Which I'm going to do!
It's a surprise, because doctors in Romania don't work like that. They don't tell you about technical problems, they usually make the decisions for you, they don't tell you about consequences. They're usually too busy making money and they seem more interested in making you come again for their service, instead of trying to prevent some problems by simply informing you of choices or prevention options.
It also seems a standard practice to apply local anasthetic, so you don't feel anything ... not even your lip, for 3-4 hours afterwards.
So I'm pretty pleased with the doctor. The total cost was 74 pounds, quite expensive compared to romania. The breakdown was: examination (25 pounds), x-ray (10 pounds), silver filling (39 pounds). I'll probably be able to claim back on my insurance policy about 65 pounds.
However he delivered some bad news about the state of my teeth, so I need to go back on monday and maybe even more. But I'll cut down sugar from my diet.

The list of film I've seen since last time ... Sylvia, The Aviator, The proposition, Frida. Tonight we're going to see a comedy for a change ... The Pink Panther. So it's looking good.

I must also admit that I've started solving sudoku puzzles, it's addictive, an easy way to kill time I guess.

And last, but not least, I've finally managed to book the sports hall for football this coming saturday, 11am. Yupie, finally some football after a long time of inactivity.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:34:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro! maybe destist treatment is bad in Romania, but sudoku puzzels were "discoverd" here looooong time ago....so we're even the Romanians vs. The english...heheheh.

 
At Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:35:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the "e" from English...I forgot you're one of them now.:)

 
At Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:49:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Well, look at it this way: in US you could have eaily paid 400 bucks for a temporary filling. The real stuff, permanent fillings, go up to thousands and very few jobs cover dental. Ask me again how I worked an entire month for free just to go to the dentist there.:)

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 10:50:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

Sudoku? Boy, you must be bored... soon you'll start playing golf wearing a silly old fart hat :-)
At least try to make it a little more challenging and go for Kakuro puzzles!
And the most challenging task that I have for you - chase up that fecking solicitor :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home