Monday, January 16, 2006

this weekend

We went to see Stomp on friday evening in a new theatre which I didn't know it existed. It's called Vaudeville Theatre, it's on the Strand, close to Enbankment tube station. I must say the show was very very entertaining, a combination of mute humour with percussion ranging from really soft one to ear-blasting. And trust me, these guys can drum, bang, shake anything, squeezing rhythmic sound from objects that you wouldn't think of. Imagine match boxes, buckets, brooms, kitchen sinks, big barrels and even cigarette lighters being used to create sound, rhythmic sound. It was very entertaining and very well spent 14.50 pounds. It's still on sale an londontown.com if you want to go. Recommended!

On Saturday we started with Memoirs of a Geisha at the electric cinema. First about the cinema, it's a cinema without the usual chairs, but instead with comfortable leather armchairs with plenty of space (as if you were flying 1st class - not that I ever did!!) and feet stools. You can buy drinks inside. It's beautiful! And of course slightly more expensive than you're average cinema experience. Who was there? Marco, Maryam, Lilian, Roberto, Christina and moi. A happy bunch.The film ... hmm, I don't know, I thought it was a bit too slow flirting with boredom at points. It was hyped up a lot and maybe I had great expectations. And great expectations are easily disappointed. But the photography of the film was very good I thought. I was a bit annoyed with the poor diction of the actors in the film, at points not being able to understand what they were saying. Very annoying. I think I need to read the book.

In the evening we went to the MUIL event in Legion, Old Street. A lot of people were there and it was fun in the end, even managed to dance a bit. Not a lot. But got the chance to talk to many people whom I haven't seen in a long time. And also kicked off the idea of starting to organise football matches again in the weekends.

A quiet sunday at home, watching Kill Bill 1, revisiting 21 grams and Tai Won Mein for a chinese dinner and here I am again, monday and hating it. But hey, life moves on, right? Friday is just around the corner. Not to mention Cirque du Soleil which is tomorrow :-)

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 16, 2006 2:31:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The druming story reminds of similar shows I used to watch in Times Square, New York. Fabulous!
Oh, how I envy you for seeing Alegria tomorrow...Enjoy!:) I'll tell u later what was my favourite act!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home