Friday, February 03, 2006

long time no read

Hey, it's been a while and a very stressful and busy while that was.

This is an update to tell you that I won the lottery!! Finally, after so many dreams and longing. And guess what ... I kept my old job still. Most people quit their job when they win the lottery. Not me, ah-ah! Loyalty! A word that doesn't ring many bells nowadays! It was the Euro Lottery and I won 8.90 pounds.

Enough said!

I've got an Unlimited Movies card from www.ugccinemas.co.uk which allows me to see an unlimited number of films, any time i want, for a flat fee of 13.99 a month. Not bad at all. The only problem is that they tie you in the contract for one year. Ah well, let's call it a social-psychological experiment. Maybe after one year of intensive film watching I'll live in my own little world with witches, lions coming out of wardrobes and vampires fighting werewolves for supremacy over my cortex.

I'm also looking into getting a mortgage and filling my citizenship application. After I get my passport I really want to go to New York ... what's the best time to visit New York? :-) I always wanted to see New York. After all ... if I can make it there, I can make anywhere, right?

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 03, 2006 1:33:00 pm, Blogger georrge said...

i was in the summer, august, and it was really hot. but I think in a little cooler period of the spring/summer/autumn it'll be really nice to walk down to time square and fill the city rhythm

ps. don't try to buy electronics gadgets near time square ;)

 
At Friday, February 03, 2006 1:36:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Ah, big plans...good for you! and good luck!:)
As for New York, I've seen it in summer and fall...and loved it noth ways (kind of murky in the fall, but the magic is still there). If you're planning on a short visit than the city has lots to explore...but if you have some more time, after 4-5 days you might feel like getting out of it.There're some cool places around there..lakes, the Appalachian Trails...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home