Thursday, January 19, 2006

cirque du soleil

Clown (definition): A person who runs from the drama of his own life.

Now this is a tricky definition, wide as the infinite river of life. Oh, please, stop with that bullshit.
Clowns are happy people and they don't suffer from any modern problems like denial, neurosis. And as long as they're funny, everybody absolutely loves them.

The clowns in the Cirque du Soleil however were a bit disappointing, as the whole show in fact. But it was disappointing because I built up great expectations about it and I worked myself up for months. And then it all disappears in smoke, paper flakes, 2 hours and 46 pounds.

But otherwise the show was good, it's just by constrast with my expectations that it failed. I would recommend it to everyone and don't think they would be disappointed.

Allegria is an old show, put together in '94 ... a lot changed since then eh? It took nature millions of years to change fashion, it takes us couple of years and a dotcom crash to be different.
The story that was hidden behind the show, because there was one, was as elusive as my entry in the blog today. What's this all about anyway? Clowns, meditation on the passage of time, stress? Well, who knows? I'm only here to ask questions, not give answers... hmm ... like philosophy, hmm, like Allegria, hmm ... like life itself. Pff... what a holywoodian ending! Ta-Da!

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 20, 2006 5:26:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clowns are evil. I don't like clowns.
In fact, I hate clowns.

http://www.clownz.com/articles.html

Mihai

 
At Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:58:00 am, Blogger Carmen said...

Did we see the same show???
Needles to say: I loved it!!!
Whatch out the dissapoitment that grabs you soooo easily...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home