Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sometimes you need someone to give you grief, just to appreciate life more. Or just to snap, kill couple of sheepish passers-by and solve all your long term problems and insecurities.
Anyway, I was pulling my hair out to try to understand a defect raised by our magnificent Q&A team ... I was on the brink of depression ... I was losing self respect ... just to decide in the end to go to their test bed and ask them to help me reproduce it. And they couldn't. I reckon it's not a defect and I pulled my hair out for nothing. Some people are bald for a reason, I'm bald for nothing!

Sometimes you hate people just because they happen to work with you! Hehe ... I'm kidding, they're nice guys, we get along great, it's just that in the Q&A cycle, there's visible friction between developers and quality assurance guys. And with a release date of this friday (today being thursday) ... tensions run a bit higher than normal. But we're also grining and laughing like madmen, we know we're so close to screwing up. It's a sweet madness that comes with the realisation you're f.u.c.k.e.d! Last time I felt that, it was in university, in the days before an exam I knew I would be more than lucky to pass. Or just when I had to memorise stupid things that didn't make sense and my brain was giving out, my short term memory strained to the max. Ah, those were the days of our lives...

To end this moan in a positive note ... it's getting closer to 6:30pm and I'm outta here, we're going for cocktails tonight, sweet obliteration. Work was given to the man for him to appreciate more his spare time.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 5:03:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

Well done! Self irony is the best medicine...couple of martinis should put you back on track. Have fun!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home