Thursday, October 06, 2005

another wednesday

Briefly, as it's 12:30 am (it's already another thursday in fact)...

Someone guessed correctly the name of the poet of one of the poems I posted here a while ago (see: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=16807576&postID=112747153984177170). It was indeed Bacovia. Learn more about him here: http://www.aboutromania.com/bacovia.html

Great news today ... Roberto is coming with me to Thailand in december for 3 weeks. It's amazingly unexpected :-) Well done mate!

I've seen Crash tonight, the film, after a pizza @ Pizza express and a glass of wine. I was with Lilian and Christina. The film is a hyperbole of Yin & Yang, black and white, good and bad, a comedy of human errors as we find that all our lives are intermixed in a closely connected web of random events ... as we crash into each other. Too strong antitheses, a too american take which might alienate the european viewer. Personally I wasn't touched, don't get me wrong, not because it was american, because it was overly exaggerated. The characters were not very well defined, that was on purpose as each person leaves a gap in its own in order to complete the big picture that people can see only if you distract them from the details. But the bigger picture lacked cohesion and in turn it left the viewer with a mixture of contradictory feelings, very difficult to reconciliate. All was left was the idea, an idea which is not new and far from revolutionary.
The photography of the film wasn't impressive at all and that, for me, was the last nail in the coffin. Sorry folks, I know everyone says it's an excellent film, for me it was nothing out of extraordinary. But hey, this is all very subjective and we're all entitled to love or hate it in private or public if we want. Don't hate me now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home