Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I have 5 watches around me and they all show different time. My wrist watch, a cheap one, I must admit, but water resistant - which allows me to keep it on in the shower, shows 11:49am. Being cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if it drifted.
My mobile phone shows 11:48am, it's a Sendo phone, a cheap phone again (goes well with a cheap wrist watch, innit?). British technology and despite not recognising the SIMM card from time to time, it's alright, doing exactly what I want: voice, text and alarm. And probably nothing more. In fact, I don't care!
The timer on my BT phone lying on my desk shows 11:47am. I don't know how this monolithic phone works, I don't think it synchs with something central, although I just peeked at the one on the other desk, and it seems they've got their story right. At least between themselves.
The hands of the clock on the wall show 11:52am. It doesn't seem like high tech and I trust that one the least. But it's right in front of me, so I can't ignore it, I see it every time I raise my head.
And finally, the clock in the system tray, the Windows clock, shows 11:44am. No one trust Windows though, so I won't even bother taking it seriously.

So what's the time then? I reckon it must be 11:48 or 11:49 or 11:47. It's hard to say, thank god we're not a mission critical business. We're not enriching uranium either. We're just passionate software engineers, waiting for lunch every day at 12:00PM. That's why timing is even more important for us.

Enough about that. Yesterday we went bowling, celebrating Edyta and Alireza. It was their birthdays. It was great, but I must admit the sin of drinking alcohol. I don't shy away from such a vice normally, but this time I had the flu too. And guess what, I still have it, and it seems to me it wants to take vengeance for the impunity of consuming the forbidden liquid yesterday.
But bowling was great, I wish I could play every day. Hehe, yeah, that would be the right way to kill it. Kill a hobby by doing it every day. Call it work and there you have the whole picture.

I hope I recover though from this rebel virus, as the plan is to fly to Stockholm for the weekend. I imagine the place is a huge freezer, not exactly the right leisure-land when you're struck down with the flu. So, God of Good Health, I worship thee, please make this virus go away and I promise ... hmm ... that I shalt forsake thee until the next time I get sick again. At least I'm honest, right?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:03:00 pm, Blogger Carmen said...

HA! Bowling...save yourself for Thai too. We love it, also. I'm personally total crap, but Ake can pull a good match.:)
Let see: orange juice, lemons...did that, right? Antibiotics then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home