Friday, October 14, 2005

Ouch ... me head hurts! From the wine I had yesterday with Lilian and Christina. It was funny to see Lilian starting up a conversation with some people at the next table and hear her say to them at some point: "I hate british people". Hahaha ... that was absolutely hilarious.
And then she got upset that they said some bad things about brazilians. So unfair!!

Of course they made fun of Romania not qualifying to World Cup, but I think that's well deserved. I'll probably have to support Brazil and England ... Brazil just to have some chances to be on the winning side; England just because I like the ups and downs and people shouting passionately in pubs.

At work I'm bogged down with problems, today is suppose to be the last build of our release 3.3, but it seems havoc still lingers in our code, with odd behaviours hard to reproduce. And this french QA guy is so stressed out, almost pulling his hair out - I think it might be because he's still in the trial period. But it's in moments like these you have to keep your calm and hang on to your favourite proverb: "shit happens!". And you know what ... it does!

On the other hand, tonight I'm getting me bum on the coach to Luton, at 4am, flying to Barcelona. Yiihaa! I'm flying alone on saturday morning, the girls are flying tonight ... and we discovered yesterday that we fly to and from different airports. Ah well, I hope we're talking about the same Barcelona though ... the one in Peru, right?!

On wednesday I went to see Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist. Getting over his stories of paedophilia and his being fugitive from the hand of the law (read more about him here), the film was good, but I think it lacked something to make it great. In the Metro it was described as "Oliver Twist - it lacks a twist" ... that's exactly what it is. But it's a good film, all in all.

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 14, 2005 4:43:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Barcelona...but not toooo great, if you know what I mean. From what I hear, there will be someone amidst your company that will offer you just that.

>:-O maryam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home