Monday, October 10, 2005

And to descend from the spheres of pure metaphysics into the realm of trivial cause and effect, here's what happened last weekend...

I was caught in the middle of Ali and Lilian breaking up and that was the most painful thing as I was caught in the middle between two of my best friends. It's really difficult to be caught in the middle of a couple (unless it's a lesbian couple, they're very hot and it doesn't happen only in your head ... kidding folks, check your pulses, you're gasping!).

I went to the gym on saturday, after 3 weeks or so of being handicapped by the damn flu. Finally starting running again... It was good but after 3 weeks of not practising you can feel it on the treadmill.

After that, I went to shop for some mountaineering equipment, mainly cloths, for the Lake District trip in 2 weeks time. Hmm ... I couldn't find the outdoor equipment shop, but instead, like a novice shopper that I must admit I am, I've been tricked into getting excited by an ad promising a guitar sale. Before I could realise what I was doing, I was swallowed by the Virgin megastore in Tottenham court road. After an hour I was leaving with a 15 watt amplifier and a guitar sound effects device. I would have bought a guitar but I couldn't carry them all. But don't worry ... there's always sunday, right?

After that, I met up with a friend ...

Later on, I met up with Ali, and even later on, Lilian, Christina, Claudia, Sebastian and Edyta caught up with us in a pub where we watched England barely getting past Austria. But we had fun.

After I met with Marco and Maryam and went for a coffee and some sushi and then bowling. All almost spontaneous... It was a good night, I found out that Marco have been reading bowling books and improving his technique probably late at night, Maryam not having to know about it. He won most of the games, with me snatching one game and Maryam another one.

On Sunday, Ali came very early and together we went for Streatham, where we met with Marco and went for a very very nice breakfast ... if I'd known there were places like that, I wouldn't have skipped breakfast all this time :-) Really folks, it was very nice breakfast.

We manage to return just in time to be late 15 minutes for our 12PM rendezvous with the rest of the gang (Kaisa, Ali reza and a brazilian guy whose name I forgot or never knew) just in from of the ice rink in Streatham. We skated like madmen and madwomen ... I improved my cross leg technique ... you know, when you cross the legs to catch speed and cut curves more easily. I only fell couple of times.

After skating we went to a very nice vegetarian restaurant in Streatham, where I had a very nice salad ... I have to go back there, it's just fantastic place, and Maryam promised everything was organic. As I couldn't verify everything just by looking at the ingredients, I trusted her.

We rushed on the train, me, Ali and Ali reza, and we went to the Virgin Megastore in Tottenham court road where I bought an electric guitar. I was the last customer to leave the place and they had to reopen the door for me. There are moments in life when you feel special (for those of you not knowing me ... I was heavily sarcastic just now!)

Me and Ali came to my place where we exchanged some music and some films, we didn't have much time as he was in a hurry to catch his last train.

I went to London Bridge afterwards where I met my friends Lilian and Christina and we stayed in a pub for a drink and a chat. When I came back home, I quickly installed the guitar, the amp and the sound effects box and gave it a try.

Phew, that's the log for the weekend ... now you know me inside out! :-)

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:53:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rather a cruel pass from your friends break up to...well, shopping for this and that :)

maybe you've never been there...
just a thought

hanna

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:08:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

yeap, never been there and I'll die a virgin too ... but hey, some people need to go to heaven too, hell is clogged already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home