Thursday, October 20, 2005

I have a 50 euros note lying on my desk at home, waiting patiently to make up my mind about the next destination. It's got to be in the eurozone, ok? So shoot ... I'm open to suggestions!

Actually I don't think I'll travel in november, getting ready for the big one, the trip to Thailand in december. I still need to fill in my holiday form, to get the visa for thailand (sheesh, so annoying!), check if I need any jabs, buy a backpack ... but I'm so lazy and all is on hold at the moment, I postpone from one day to another.
This weekend I'm going to the Lake District, but I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I think the weather report indicates a lot of showers (how surprising, innit?!) and the prospect is far from enchanting. I didn't manage to buy some waterproof cloths, so I'll have to make do with whatever I've got.
Next year I'm thinking of travelling to a snowy destination and try some snowboarding, maybe even skiing. I'm a bit scared at the prospect of skiing after almost 4-5 years of not skiing. Break a leg eh!! No, shut up you!

I'm going to the gym tonight with Marco and then bowling and some drinks (otherwise he can't hit the pins!). Some food might be very appropriate and well deserved at that point. Now's the time to tell you that this guy bought a book about bowling and bowling techniques ... he's trying to find the Holy Grail of bowling, the perfect swirl that proves elusive to the rest of the mortals.

Ok, I'm hungry ... break for lunch!

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:24:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

My credo, if I enjoy doing something, then I want to do it right - thus the book :-)
And come on, how cool is that, buying a bowling book - feel free to call me redneck from now on :-)
Re the Lake District thing, somehow I can see a cancellation coming up there! At least you could play your guitar in the rain, would come pretty close to being dry and warm wearing waterproof clothing :-)

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:34:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... he's trying to find the Holy Grail of bowling, the perfect swirl that proves elusive to the rest of the mortals.

That's EXACTLY it - well put!

:-) maryam

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 6:24:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go for a small provincial town somewhere in Italy or anywhere in Europe for that matter. Something like Chocolat. Can 50 pounds go that far?

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:24:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

And the winner is... HE CANCELLED :-)
My middle name is Nostradamus from now on, but to be honest, it was easy to predict - just not for Ciprian :-)
I would go to Stockholm again with the money and this time I would wear appropriate clothing, read up a bit about places, would add the Monday off to make it so much more pleasant and not so rushed... your travel experience would be *very* different!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home