Wednesday, October 19, 2005

funny little things

Funny little things happen in life ... today I saw the first squirrel to fall off a tree from quite a height. It was so funny ... I heard a *SPLASH* and when I looked there she was, confused for a tiny fraction of a second like if she was thinking "what the heck happened here?" and then, instincts kicking in, she started to run a bit wobbly, probably still thinking "what the heck happened? where am I? let's run!". It must be one of those rookie squirrels that are so adapted to the life in the city that she was probably peeking through a window of the block near by, watching tv from the top of a tree and dreaming about nutella. I wonder if she knows nutella is not good for your teeth?! I guess we'll never know the answer to that one, folks!

Funny thing happened yesterday when we went to Bella Italia in Shaftesbury Avenue. First of all, I was stuck at work till 21.30 and let me share a secret with you: "that was no fun at all"! I missed the play I was supposed to see "Death of Salesman". Then I met Christina and Lilian in a pub where they were well on their way to meet this dude Bacchus! We set off all three on our way to Bella Italia where the others were. Now, we have no secrets right, so I can say the following people were there: Charles, Siew, Sebastian, Claudia, Kaisa, Ivika, Beata and the 3 of us. They made fun of us ... well, actually of the girls, me being the only sober one of the three of us. :-)
Apparently it was a surprise party for Sebastian, his birthday sometime this month. I didn't know what the plan was ... but now I suspect there was a surprise in the sleeve. I didn't know anything about that. So when we said "Cheers" for the first time, I was the only one to add "Happy birthday Sebastian!!". Everybody froze and then Claudia said "Yeah, happy birthday Sebastian" and some other people mumbled something similar. That's when I realised I ruined the surprise ... sheesh, I felt so so so bad about it. Lilian helped by telling me there was a surprise planned ... to stand up and sing Happy Birthday! Ah well, I'd wish people told me about these things too. I felt bad all the way. After the dinner I had a word with Claudia and she told me it was fine, there was nothing planned, because Sebastian doesn't want these things. And it made sense, as I saw the dismay, shock and horror on his face when I said "Happy Birthday". Anyway ... it was funny. If I ruined anything ... sorry folks, I genuinely didn't know about the plan.
But the food in Bella Italia was great, we all thought. Definitely it needs revisiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home