Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Today all the newspapers scream Murder on the front page. The latest victim, a British backpacker and the reason I mention it here is that she's been raped and killed on the New Year Eve, in Koh Samui, an island in Thailand that we visited 2 weeks ago. She was last seen on Lamai beach, the beach where we were staying.
Lamai is a rather quiet beach, not very much happening there, especially at night, not many lights on the beach at night. We were walking there at night many times! So sad :-(

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:44:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame! Shame! Shame! I'd love to read about it! Links?

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I forgot the links ... here's one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4576688.stm
Cipri

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:45:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds dodgy to me!!! You mean she's traveling with friends and none of them was wondering where she was by 10 am when she was found by a stranger??? If it were any of you guys I would have been out of my mind in 2-3 hours ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home