Monday, November 28, 2005

weekend and busy times ahead

Ancient Persia at the British Museum on friday was a bit disappointing. I don't know why, I tend to believe it wasn't the exhibition itself, but me. It was a friday night, after work, I was with friends, my mind was somewhere else. I didn't have the patience required for an exhibition. I believe exhibitions fit well on sunday mornings, when your brain allegedly fresh after a good night of sleep, can focus on the intellectual challenge laid ahead. But the pizza and the drinks in All Bar One afterwards were very good. Motto for the day: Superficiality at its peak!

On Saturday, big meeting at the Legion in Old Street, a lot of people turned up, despite the cold. It was a night of fun, chatting, drinking, making fun, meeting some new people, taking pics while drunk ... I might post some here when I get them :-)
At this point, although I hate doing this, I have to name and shame someone for the unbelievable rudeness that evening ... it's David the german guy. I was talking to him, being friendly and asking if he found a job, I knew he was looking for a job for quite a while and I was curious if he found some. And he rudely replied that he had a job all this time, with his books, but now, he's also an employee! ?!? So, you have a job, I said, a bit confused! To my surprise he shouted at me: "Are you stupid? I told you I had a job all this time, but now in addition, I'm also an employee". Clear as mud.
I left him to his anger and it's surely not someone I will speak with very soon. I can't believe how arseholes some people can be.

On saturday I also did some shopping, buying a backpack, not a very big one, so I really need to carefully plan the available space. I'll be definitely travelling light ... I might buy a backpack from Thailand if I have tons of souvenirs to smuggle back.

Sunday was mainly for chilling, a quiet lunch with Christina and Lilian and then watching a film at home.

I'm contemplating the busy week ahead, it's amazing how my week before departure is going to be absolutely packed (No rest for the wicked, eh?!) ... meeting one of my father's friends, meeting friends, going out with work colleagues to celebrate the latest release, helping Marco move, going to M's birthday party on friday, flying to Thailand on saturday morning. Stress, stress, stress!

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 28, 2005 3:17:00 pm, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

but I think I know the stress has only one cause... l-l-l-luuuuv!!!

bop-bop-bop
have u seen her?
tell me have u seen her? xx

 
At Monday, November 28, 2005 11:50:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

Yes, Mariana, he loves me... :-)
Re David, I can only apologise for such a poor sod... sad to see that there is Germ(an)s out there who enjoy living up to the stereotype of being a rude offensive son of a beeatch... I'll buy you a beer next time to make up for it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home