Friday, November 25, 2005

A priest, a rabi and an imam walk into a pub.
The bartender exasperated:
- What is this, some kind of joke?

Yeah, british humour. Dry as a Chardonnay 1974, for connoisseurs only!

Under the slogan "Know other cultures so you can make fun of them", we're going today to the British Museum as they have an exhibition about ancient Persia. I'm kidding of course. About the "making fun" part. Persia is a land, a history and a mythology I don't know much about, very much infused with a romano-greek vision of the world. "Cogito ergo sum" - I think therefore I am ... the essence of the greek philosophy. Phew, I know it was Descartes who said that, but it reflects well the spirit of the greek philosophy. Very logical, constructed on carefully crafted inferences.
But enough with this philosophical hocus-pocus jiggery-pokery...

In a recent divine revelation, a new bright idea downed upon me ... I'm thinking of making this blog a paid service. For the mere amount of 3.50 pounds a month, you can read about me and my beautiful mind, world, etc. Lovely innit?
But enough about you ... let's talk about me!

I need to shop for a backpack for thailand this weekend. Don't know where to start ... hmm ... any suggestions anyone? It's gotta be a medium backpack as I hate to carry too many things. If it impedes motion or makes you gasp after 5 minutes, it's too big. No, I don't need a purse, thank you! Backpack, BACKPACK!

Just 8 days to departure! Itchy feet!

4 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2005 11:32:00 am, Blogger georrge said...

well, in the first place you need some good food, there you'll find only food made on the ground, worms, and other crawling creatures, you'll also need some spring water (how much do yo stay in thailand? ... 3 weeks * 7 days * 2-3 liters = 42-63 liters - thats' something about 10-15 (uk) gallons... ohhh, DON'T FORGET to take toilet paper with you, there are only leafs, so ...

ok, that's it. have a nice trip![excerpt from the book "what to take with you if your (uk) footbal team plays with some romanian team", edited in 90's]

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005 11:45:00 am, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

George, you weirdo :-)
I won't have room to carry all that water, I need space to carry the tv to catch the Champions League games. :-)

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005 4:03:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it, George! Your off the curry list for next year...:))
Don't worry, Cipri, we just got the shower installed...SYS

PS. If you can afford it get a 60/80 litres North Face. They're really good!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:53:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

And, did you get a small guitar instead of a small backpack?
:-)
I think the big chains in London are Blacks and Cotsworld.
Good luck with carrying that guitar :-)
(And for that comment I'll have to carry my boxes on Thursday myself, eh?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home