Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I think I'll love it in Thailand and that's simply because I love smiling people. It relaxes me to see people smiling instead of the usual londoners' frown or impassible faces not deeming yourself worthy of a single glance. I went today at the Thai embassy and got a little preview from the lady that returned my passport, now embellished with a colourful visa for the Thai Kingdom. The smile made it a pleasant experience, although beforehand I thought it was slightly chaotic. We were supposed to hold on to our numbers and get service nicely, in order. Until a lady mumbled something in Thai and everyone who could understand Thai suddenly made a dash for the desk and formed what you could call a queue, if you were generous. I said to myself ... I know this situation, I'm eastern european, all bets are off. And I dashed for the desk myself. It was a separate desk for passport collection and I got it in 2 minutes, a sigh of relief as I left the embassy. So long smiling lil people!

18 days to go to the departure for Thailand ... but hey, who's counting! Right!

To share some of my concerns with you ... my job is on the line here, because of this blog. I'm sharing too much with you all. You're witnesses to my procrastination and to my little tricks.
So here's another one: I am supposed to go to work on the 23rd of December, for half a day. I only have 14.5 holidays left for this year. 23rd of December is on a friday. Now imagine that, going to work for half a day, right after lunch, on a friday. It has "Madness" written all over it.
So I've deliberately ignored it, and I over-booked my holiday. I'm coming back on the 28th, as 26th and 27th are Bank Holidays in the UK.
So the Chrismas will be in Thailand. Making snowmen and having snowball fights. Yeah, right! Probably sweating my arse off... literally sweating! In case you didn't know, Bangkok is the hottest city on earth!!! You heard me!
So touchdown is on 28th at 5 in the morning. Yawn! And I'm supposed to go to work on the 28th at 9.30. Am I mad or what? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical...
But the beauty of it all ... I'll be the only one working between Christmas and New Year Eve. Working! Got it?!
That's unless my boss discovers this blog and fires my arse as he should!
Now you see how my job is on the line because of this blog? Somehow this makes it more exciting ... yawn!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:19:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I don't have a job! ehehehe

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:03:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

I need to add that if you do a seach on google for "Ciprian blog" ... my blog comes second. Sigh ... my job is on the line, my job is on the line!
I changed the name to C.i.p.r.i.a.n, let's see how smart google is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home