Monday, November 14, 2005

I hate to deliver bad news, but another weekend had passed by and we're one step closer to the big system shutdown, one of the most important phases in our lives, which we all try to avoid thinking about and pretend it's not coming towards us with the same speed we're approaching it too.

However, in the meantime, we indulged in the pleasure of the senses with an iranian dinner on thursday, kebabs being the only pronounceable things on the menu. But it was good and it was all sprinkled with some of my delicious jokes which made everyone but Charles laugh. He winced, he sighed, he rolled his eyes and then covered them with his hands in disbelief. My sense of humour is a bit twisted and sometimes people are so embarrassed that I find myself laughing out loud. It's subtle sadism, "killing me softly with a ... joke".

Friday would have been such a quiet day, if it hadn't been for me accidentally flooding the people below me when I forgot about the water in the bath tub. Two big black mamas (Can I say black? Are we live?) knocked at my door 10 minutes later complaining. Instantly my brain switched into deceiving mode and I told them that in fact it wasn't the bath tub overflowing, but a pipe leading to the bath tub had burst and a plumber was on his way. When they told me they had called the Council, I knew I was safe. I would probably hear from them in two years, asking me if the pipe was still leaking. I'd be in Bahamas by then, sipping my ice vodka with lemon. That's if I win the lottery. I'm counting on that. Fingers crossed!

Saturday it was a day to party and we started in Porterhouse by partying in English style: with pints in our hands. We left for El Barco Latino, anchored on the Thames, near Temple tube station. El Barco Latino is still there but nothing happens on it, the boat was actually called Katharina or something like that. And there was a black private party (Can I say black?). However, one woman at the door let us in for free. I think they were afraid they wouldn't get too many people that night and they still wanted to have some sales at the bar. So that's how we ended the only white people in a sea of black people enjoying hip-hop and RnB. It wasn't our choice of music, but after some more alcohol, we started undulating shamelessly on the dance floor. We left early as we didn't like it that much.

On Sunday I had a nice coffee with Roberto in our regular meeting place in Leicester square. Well, it used to be regular. We chatted about Thailand as we're both going and we both can't wait. We took a photographic tour starting at Photographers' Gallery - we always use to go there after coffee. They missed us, we joked. Then we went to the National Portrait Gallery where they had the Schweppes' Portrait Awards for 2005. Very nice, don't miss it if you like photography.

And finally, this morning, I endured the blistering cold in front of the Thai embassy to get my visa for december. I applied, left my passport and a ridiculous amount of 25 pounds and I'm supposed to collect it in 2 days on wednesday. Ah, the perks of being a romanian citizen! And there are more perks like these, I can assure you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home