Monday, November 07, 2005

that time of the month

If I had a "that time of the month", then this would be it!

We bid farewell to Sebastian in Bella Italia, with nice italian pasta and unidentified (probably italian too, who cares?!) red wine, the biggest gathering of friends and people I know in a long time. A part of my brain was singing "Another one bites the dust", Sebastian returning home to Germany (uber alles?!) ... another part of my brain singing "How many roads must a man walk down / Before you can make some friends that don't leave every couple of months and leave you to your misery"... phew, that's my weird part of the brain! Like I have any other!

Sunday brought aching problems, the least of which was watching, in a smoky pub, Chelsea lose to The Wankers (sounds like the name of an american football team, innit?) and then Sir Alex saying "Bollocks" on live TV (I knight thee not!). Knights do it, even the bees do it...

Monday was a day to bury bad news, as I had even more bad news from Maracana, bad news from work - problems and stuff you don't want to bog your brain down with - the travel agents telling me they haven't shipped my tickets yet (how about shipping them to Thailand and I'll collect them there?!).
In the evening I went to the gym ... and it was good, I thought ... what a nice change! It's good to release all that frustration in a very constructive and healthy way (thank god we can't buy guns in this country, he said under his breath). And then he had to ruin it all. Yes, my good old buddy, in case you need a refresh of memory, point your browser to this.

He was there and the irony of life struck me like a jilted lover, as he caught me naked in the changing rooms, just before jumping in the shower. He probably saw my buttocks in all their splendour, and I was clenching my fists ready for a fight as he passed me. I was shivering expecting a slap on my derriere, but to my sigh of relief, it never came. And then I noticed again he was sneaking glances at me in the shower everytime he was passing by. Luckily for his future DNA, he didn't say anything and my forgiveness knew no boundaries. I must have been a king in a previous life ... or maybe a royal jester ... although I don't think you get to be the same thing twice. And I'm a jester now!

Why do all these things happen to me? Why do all these things happen to me NOW?

The answer my readers / Is a blow job in the wind / The answer is blowing in the breeze.

Somewhere on a beach preferably ... out of sight ... know what I mean?

Good night wackos!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:48:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you go and pick up the tickets yourself? Take it in your own hands!!
Sorry, I can only laugh thinking of the shower scene. Told ya, women would not shower in packs!...you know why now..:))
Cheer up, just found out that at our first stop in Northern Thailand we'll be catching a musical festival!

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:59:00 pm, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

oh god, I had the same feeling that saturday, and he wasn t even my friend, but I have the same feeling I have no long-lasting friendships in this kingdom!!!!

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 6:15:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

Mariana, I know what you mean ... I feel that almost every week, not just on a specific saturday.
It's difficult to make friends in London ... everything and everybody is on the move, people come and go, people are in fast forward motion, a defense mechanism to put up with the stress of living in a metropolis, everybody is burning all bridges that could lead to themselves in a bid to stop the stress ... but we're throwing the baby with the water. And the result is that we can't get close to people.
In takes time, patience and persistence ... things that usually don't go well with the fast face of a crowded city. It's a huge topic and you don't want to get me started, I could talk for weeks :-)

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 6:16:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

>>don't go well with the fast face

Obviously I meant "fast pace" there :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home