Friday, November 04, 2005

sunny friday

It's a beautiful day in London, sunny although cold, but most importantly ... IT'S FRIDAYYYYYY!!!! I don't have much work to do today, just draw some diagrams and check an installer. My boss promised that next week we start the development cycle for the next release... sheesh ... no more idling, or so you think!

Yesterday it was gym day with Marco. I discovered that once a week is not enough for going to the gym. That's because I was feeling so lazy, and if I don't do some sports or some physical intensive stuff for a while, I end up in a state where I lack energy entirely, I'm a vegetable. And it's so easy to be lazy in that state and it's so difficult and painful to get out of it. When I do something energetic, gym or other stuff, I feel I am a bit tired, but still full of energy. The vegetable state is disgusting, I don't want to end up there again.
I also discovered I have a bit of residues from my allergic asthma, as it was harder to breathe under effort, although I didn't feel it when I breathed normally. It's a bit frustrating as it means my pulmonary tract is still clogged.

Afterwards we went to a turkish place in New Cross where Christina was already waiting for us, for about 25 minutes. She's a sweetie, she didn't say anything bad to us. It was a long way and I underestimated how long it takes from E&C to New Cross by bus and then walking.
But the restaurant was very nice, food excellent, so it wasn't surprising that the place was absolutely packed. This is my second turkish restaurant (proper restaurant, not kebab shops) after Gallipoli in Islington and I start to think very highly of the tuskish restaurants and cuisine. I'm waiting for Marco to write a proper review in his food blog which you can find in the links section on the right hand side.

Ok, that's it for now ... we're going to the pizza place today for lunch, yummy ... that doesn't happen too often because it takes longer to be served, but it's very nice. Italian cuisine is so so so good ... hmm ... actually since I'm starving like I am at the moment ... let me rephrase ... any cuisine is so so so good! Hmm ... let's leave out McDonalds' and other fatty food places though! Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 04, 2005 1:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean 40 minutes, right? I'm not complaining, just correcting, ok? :-D

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005 8:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm a vegetable"

best bloody quote, I LOVE self criticism

 
At Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:21:00 pm, Blogger Marco said...

Christina, don't be so German!
:-)
Ciprian tricked me into coming along with "It's only 15 minutes on the bus from E&C...", but it was worth the hellish trip to nomansland :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home