Wednesday, November 30, 2005

3 days to departure for Thailand!! Yupiee! In preparation for the flight, I watched yesterday on National Geographic (I have video on demand - sic!) for 3 hours "Air crash investigations"! It's amazing though how safe an airplane is. But it's also amazing how a simple maintenance oversight or the smallest of pilot errors can cause an airplane to crash. Indeed, flying is one of the safest way of transport. And that is because it is the most dangerous way of travelling and the industry has invested a lot in safety. Remember, if a plane crashes, you have better chances to win the lottery than to stay alive.
But hey, I'm flying with Gulf Air, they only crashed twice so far (brrrr) and arabs are very experienced pilots, right? Quick learners. Self teaching themselves probably. Bygone!

But until tomorrow, there's always today! And today we're getting wasted and the company is footing the bill. Yeap, we're celebrating a new release and we're going out for a drink and for dinner at a thai restaurant. If we find the way...

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:37:00 pm, Blogger Olha...e se eu pudesse entrar na sua vida... said...

pleeease, pack in advance so I don t get those excuses why u cudn t come to my b-day!

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:18:00 pm, Blogger C.i.p.r.i.a.n said...

:-)

Mariana, don't worry, I promised I'd be there and once I promise something, I stick to it! So, don't worry, I'll be there, even if it means I have to pack at 3am on friday.
Besides, I am so curious about this hyped Guanabara that I wouldn't miss it even if it wasn't your birthday!

Anyway, I plan to travel light, I hate to carry huge backpacks, you appreciate life more if you only have a light backpack with an extra pair of knickers and 10 cans of beer! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home